The Friends of Garthorne Road Nature Reserve are once again opening up the reserve for the public. Come and explore this quiet wildlife oasis. Bring a picnic and do the tree trail or mini beast hunt.
Please either walk or cycle if possible you can secure your bike inside the reserve limited space available and avoid using public transport.
The site is open on the 3rd Saturday of the month between March – November between 2pm – 5pm. A member of the Friends Group will be on hand to answer any questions you may have.
Next Open Days dates for 2023
- 18th March
- 15th April
- 20th May
- 17th June – Nature in Art
- 15th July
- 19th August
- 16th September – Bake-off
- 21th October
- 18th November
Terms & Conditions
- Masks will not be required when walking around the reserve, but please wear them while waiting to come in to the site.
- Hand gel is available at the gate for visitors to use.
- Please wear suitable clothing & footwear for the weather.
- Sorry No BBQ’s allowed on the site.
- Sorry No Dogs or motorised scooters are not allowed on the reserve.
- The open days may be cancelled at very short notice due to weather conditions or availability of volunteers.
- The volunteers reserve the right If anyone that is abusive towards them and will be asked to leave the reserve and will be ban from entering in the future.